Thursday, November 4, 2010

Musings of what is ahead....

I know I just posted a few minutes ago but I wanted to put some of my thoughts down and since this is the reason I started the blog to begin with I thought, "Why not?" 

We have chosen to move to Alabama, somewhere near Prattville which is about twenty minutes outside Montgomery.  It is close enough to the city so we will have the conveniences that affords but its a small town with low crime and a great school district so a place we can finally lay down some roots for our children and give them the advantages that every parent dreams of for their kids.


But the big questions are what, where and when?  We know the general location, we know a general time, 5-8months, heck we even have a general what....Jason wants to get a double major in Computer Science and Business from Auburn University.  But...and this is where I start getting a little panicky....where in Prattville will we live?  Our credit is not the best, so will we have any trouble finding a house to rent until we can purchase one? I will need to work at least a part time job to help with the finances but what am I going to do?  and the biggest is the when.  I don't like the oh in 5-8 months answer.  I want to know if the kids will have to be moved mid semester, I will have to get them enrolled into the new school as quickly as possible but to do that don't you need an address in that school district?  Is Devin going to miss out on the standardized testing and will that affect his schooling?  Will he be at the same level with the other kids his age? Do they have the advanced math club or its equivalant where we are chosing to go?  How much is Jason's retirement/seperation pay be?  Are they going to seperate him or retire him?  If they only seperate him what happens with the medical insurance?  And the list goes on and on.

Starting a new life journey with an established family brings up soo much more than if it was just me and Jason.  And the mother in me is absolutely terrified of the unknown aspects of this lifechanging event, but the woman in me, the one who still remembers how it was jump off a cliff screaming at the top of her lungs and the feeling of absolute freedom that action brought, can't wait to take the plunge.  The two are warring in my head right now, one says, "Stop worrying there isn't anything you can do about it anyway." while the other one says, "But how will we eat? We need a roof over our heads, what if the kids get sick....." 

Stay tuned to see which one actually makes it through this.

No comments:

Post a Comment